All Honda Vehicles with Remote Start
Whether you live somewhere with cold snowy winters, somewhere with intensely hot summers, or an area where you experience both, you could probably benefit from a remote start. A remote start can either warm up your engine and cabin, or get the air conditioning working to cool off a car left baking in the sun. And all before you even step in. This can make for a much more pleasant driving experience, and it’s easy to see why it’s such a popular feature. To help you understand how this works, and what Honda vehicles are equipped with it, Germain Honda of Surprise has put together a helpful guide.
How Does Remote Start Work?
Remote start exists to let you start your vehicle without having to use the ignition key or even be inside the vehicle. For Hondas, this means being able to start it from up to 400 feet away. For those equipped with automatic climate control, it will also turn on either the heat or air conditioning, depending on the outside temperature. For some years and models, remote start will automatically set the thermostat to 72 degrees.
How to Use Remote Start
Starting the Engine
- Start by pressing the Lock button, then press and hold the Engine button within 5 seconds to remotely start the engine.
- The engine will shut itself off after running for 10 minutes, but you can extend this by repeating the start procedure.
- Remote start only starts the engine and climate control, the security system will remain on, and the lights and accessories won’t turn on.
Stopping the Engine
- The quickest way to stop the engine is to hold the Engine button down.
- If not extended or deliberately stopped within 10 minutes, the engine will shut itself off.
Things to Remember While Using Your Remote Start
- Do not use if your car is parked near any flammable materials, such as grease, oil, wood, paper, dead grass, etc.
- Do not use if your car is under a cover, as this could also start a fire
- Do not use in a garage, only in a well-ventilated area.
Remote Start with HondaLink
For some newer vehicles, Honda has added a second remote start option, the HondaLink app. This app, when used with a Remote subscription, allows you to start your vehicle with your phone from anywhere. You can also get notifications on your phone when your alarm is triggered, get your vehicle’s location using Find My Car, or send voice commands to your vehicle using Amazon Alexa. For more information about HondaLink, and to check your vehicle’s compatibility, click the button below.
Honda Vehicles With Remote Start
2023 Honda HR-V
Standard on: Sport, EX-L
2023 Honda CR-V
Standard on: EX, EX-L
2023 Honda CR-V Hybrid
Standard on: Special Edition, EX, EX-L, Touring
2022 Honda Pilot
Standard on: Sport, EX-L, Special Edition, TrailSport, Touring, Elite
2022 Honda Passport
Standard on: EX-L, TrailSport, Elite
2022 Honda Civic Sedan
Standard on: Sport, EX, Touring
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
Standard on: EX-L
2022 Honda Accord
Standard on: Sport Special Edition, EX-L
2022 Honda Accord Hybrid
Standard on: Hybrid, Hybrid Sport
2023 Honda Odyssey
Standard on: EX, EX-L, Sport, Touring, Elite
2023 Honda Ridgeline
Standard on: Sport, RTL, RTL-E, Black Edition