Honda SUV Model Lineup
Without question, the SUV segment has exploded in popularity in the past decade. Drivers have continued to make the transition from sedans and minivans to a crossover or SUV for a variety of reasons. Some are drawn to the rugged styling and confident driving position while others prefer SUVs for their capable performance and versatile interior space. No matter the reason, drivers will find exactly what they’re looking for across the growing family of Honda crossovers and SUVs. From the compact HR-V and versatile CR-V to the rugged Passport and family-approved Pilot – you’ll have no trouble finding the Honda SUV that’s perfect for your needs.
To help provide you with the right information to make an informed decision, our team at Germain Honda of Surprise has created this useful reference guide that compares all four Honda SUV models side-by-side.
Please scroll to see more
Honda Crossovers & SUVs – Key Specifications
2023 Honda HR-V
2023 Honda CR-V
2023 Honda Pilot
2023 Honda Passport
|Engine||2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder||1.5-Liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder||3.5-Liter V6||3.5-Liter V6|
|Horsepower / Torque||158 / 138 lb-ft||190 / 179 lb-ft||285 / 262 lb-ft||280 / 262 lb-ft|
|Drivetrain||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||AWD|
|EPA-Estimated MPG** (city/hwy/combined)||Up to 26 / 32 / 28**||Up to 28 / 34 / 30 **||Up to 19 / 27 / 22**||Up to 19 / 24 / 21**|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||Not Recommended||1,500 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)|
|Seating Capacity||5||5||7 or 8||5|
|Cargo Capacity||Up to 55.1 cubic feet||Up to 76.5 cubic feet||Up to 109 cubic feet||Up to 100.8 cubic feet|
2023 Honda HR-V
Starting at $25,095 MSRP* | Up to 26 city / 32 highway / 28 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $25,095 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) and Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode
- Available Real Time AWD™ with Intelligent Control System™
- Optional heated leather-trimmed front seats
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen or available 9-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
Beyond its city-sized platform, the Honda HR-V benefits from bold styling and a youthful attitude that mirrors your own unique personality. Helping you make lasting memories, the HR-V is powered by an economical yet responsive 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that delivers a balanced 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. Optional all-wheel drive delivers the confidence you need to handle all types of slippery road conditions like rain or snow. You can also easily transform the interior of the HR-V to suit your needs thanks to its innovative 60/40 split second-row Magic Seat®. Standard Honda Sensing® provides a comprehensive assortment of advanced driver-assist features that help keep you one step ahead of danger. You can easily control your favorite tech features while keeping your eyes safely on the road ahead with Bluetooth® streaming audio. Rounding out the impressive list of connectivity features for the Honda HR-V is standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone compatibility.
2023 Honda CR-V
Starting at $32,905 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $32,905 MSRP*
- Standard 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 190 horsepower / 179 lb-ft of torque and continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- 7-inch touchscreen audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
- Standard one-touch power sliding moonroof
- Available 12-speaker Bose premium audio system with Bose Centerpoint technology and SurroundStage digital signal processing
One of the most recognizable models in its class, the proven Honda CR-V can turn even the most routine journey into a memorable experience. Striking design elements like bold alloy wheels and sharp headlights help you stand out from the bland styling typically associated with crossover SUVs. Step inside its comfortable cabin and you’ll find upscale soft-touch materials along with cutting-edge tech features like its 7-inch touchscreen audio system. Standard power for the CR-V comes in the form of a potent 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder engine, offering a combination of response and fuel efficiency. Its optional Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ helps you tread confidently where other SUVs fear to venture. Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration lets you access your favorite apps and media with ease. A handy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback makes it easy to carry longer or oddly-shaped cargo.
2023 Honda Pilot
Starting at $40,495 MSRP* | Up to 19 city / 27 highway / 22 combined MPG** | Seating – 7 or 8 Passengers
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
A great choice for growing families, the capable Honda Pilot is equipped with spacious room for up to 8 passengers. Powered by a standard 285-horsepower 3.5-liter V6, the Pilot has the strength and efficiency to transport the whole team across town for soccer practice. Premium features found inside the cabin are highlighted by an optional one-touch power moonroof, leather-trimmed upholstery, second-row captain’s chairs, and a mobile hotspot with a data plan from AT&T. Standard Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ lets you get directions, send or receive text messages, and use your favorite apps through the touchscreen inside the Pilot. Honda Sensing®, also included as standard, delivers a collection of driver-assistive safety features including a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and enhanced confidence behind the wheel.
2023 Honda Passport
Starting at $42,445 MSRP* | Up to 19 city / 24 highway / 21 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand, and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard 20-inch alloy wheels and tires on all trims
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
Perhaps the most adventurous member of the growing family of Honda SUVs, the off-road-focused Passport is positioned in between the compact CR-V and family-friendly Pilot. Along with bold exterior design cues, the interior of the Honda Passport impresses with its blend of everyday usability and innovative layout. Signature attributes of the Passport interior include clever underfloor storage compartments, cavernous cargo capacity, and multiple seating configurations. Nothing stands between you and your destination thanks to a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive. An optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate lets you easily reach your cargo with just the swipe of your foot under the rear bumper. No matter if you’re on city streets or on a rural gravel road, the rugged styling of the Honda Passport is ready for just about anything.
*MSRP includes $1,295.00 (HR-V and CR-V) or $1,345 (Pilot and Passport) destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.